In a previous article written here, a list of five amazing options for Zambia Safaris was provided, however only five would not do the destination justice and therefore some additional options for Zambia Safaris are provided below.
- Lower Zambezi National Park: Aside from the South Luangwa Valley, the Lower Zambezi National Park is undoubtedly one of the best Zambian safaris on offer anywhere in Africa. If you are looking for a remote safari location that offers exceptional wildlife and magnificent accommodations with truly exciting activities, this is the destination for you. The park is the wildest thing to be found in Africa. Most safaris will fly into the park due to the inaccessibility of the road, although there are some driving options (these are not recommended especially in summer) .For the best wildlife and photo location opportunities, combine the National Park from Lower Zambezi with a safari south of Luangwa. National Park. Get there: Most recommended; Fly directly to the accommodation as part of a safari.
- Kasanka National Park: This National Park hosts a unique wildlife event each year between November and December, when millions of straw-colored fruit bats congregate as part of a migration. During the day, the trees are laden with fruit bats shoulder to shoulder; at sunset somewhere around 10 million bats soar into the sky in what can only be described as a living cloud. This particular safari is on our wish list and we recommend making it on yours. Please note that these Zambian safaris only run between November and December. Get there: Be part of a safari package, flight, or autonomous driving experience.
- Walking safaris: Zambia and in particular the Luangwa Valley are known to be home to the modern walking safari. There are few places in Africa that lend themselves so well to walking with wildlife and maximizing what the country has to offer. The lodges and camps are combined with professionally trained guides for extremely active safaris. There is simply nothing like approaching a pride of lions or turning a corner and running into a herd of buffalo. This is the true African safari. Get there: Be part of a safari package, flight, or autonomous driving experience.
- Tiger Fishing in the Zambezi River: For those adventurers and athletes who love to fish and catch some of the best fish on the planet, Zambia is where they should be. Fly fishing or spinning for tiger fish in the Zambezi River offers an unbeatable thrill. If you imagine yourself in a river with abundant hippos and crocodiles, this is one of the best sport fishing options in the world. Both the Zambezi River and the Kafue River (and not forgetting Lake Victoria) are the destinations where this dream will come true. Most Zambia fishing safaris are tailor-made to your budget and schedule. Get there: It depends on where, but generally safari vehicles are used to get you to the point where a boat awaits you.
- Direct flights to Lusaka: Zambia wouldn’t be one of the top five safari destinations without good connectivity. Although this may not necessarily be a destination as such, but such connectivity is essential to enjoy the option of doing a safari in Zambia. In recent years, more and more international airlines fly direct to Lusaka, with direct flights from Johannesburg and direct flights from selected European destinations. Air France, KML and British Airways offer daily flights to Lusaka. With so many daily international flights available, why not make Zambia your next safari destination in Africa? The adventure of your life awaits you. Get there: Daily flights from Johannesburg and select destinations within Europe.