This is one of the most frequently asked questions among teens. It’s never too early to start thinking about what to wear for a friend’s sweet sixteen. Whether you need to wear your best dress to a gathering or just jeans and a t-shirt, it’s all about celebrating together and having a lot of fun.
1. Review the invitation carefully. The way you are invited gives some clues about the dress code. If the hostess makes a phone call or just sends an email, it might be a very informal birthday party. Casual clothing is fine. If you receive an invitation, it will probably be a formal event, which means you need to dress appropriately.
2. For girls, they are expected to wear a floor-length dress once they are invited to a “black tie” party. For the boys, just wear your black tie and decent tails.
3. If it is not a “black tie” party, but an evening event. Girls, choose a knee-length dress for a party if formal attire is requested. And the boys rent a tux.
4. If the hostess requires an attractive cocktail, then she can dress a little less formally. For girls, simply choose your favorite cocktail or knee-length dresses with sparkly sequins, beads, or crystals. For boys, a suit and tie are fine.
5. Consider the location of the party. If the party takes place on the beach in the afternoon, casual beachwear goes well with it. If you are invited to a night party, you better keep your jeans in your wardrobe. If you are attending a pool party, be sure to bring extra dry clothing and a bathing suit.
6. Pay attention to the theme of the party. Traditional Sweet Sixteen party themes include the 70s disco or a Renaissance-inspired party. Renting a suitable costume will help you enjoy the party. If you’re going to attend an old-fashioned Hollywood themed party, simply borrow your grandmother’s appeal or rent at a costume store. The princess themed party is a sweet 16 favorite theme. Young ladies wear ball gowns and tiaras, while boys wear soft-hued tuxedos for a classy look. If the birthday falls on a holiday, it couldn’t be more fun to throw a holiday party. Of course, if you are scheduled for a holiday party, prepare some festive costume to make the most of this event. Twilight and Harry Potter are popular movie themes for teens to throw a wonderful sweet sixteen party. Remember to plan ahead for your vampire or witch costume.
7. If you still have no idea what to wear, talk to the hostess of the party. Most girls want their friends to feel comfortable and comfortable in what they wear. And trust me, they long to advise you on how to dress for this event.
For boys, rent your tux as soon as possible if you plan to attend a formal event around graduation season or back home.
For girls, don’t try to steal the thunder from the birthday girl when you are invited to a sweet 16 year old party. Remember that she is the only princess of the day.