Give your partner a romantic hand-stamped gift this Valentine’s Day by stamping extra special chocolates. You will need some cooking oil, store bought chocolates, small paper liners for the individual chocolates, and small clear acrylic rubber stamps. Experiment with different brands of chocolate. It may be easier to start with solid chocolates.
1. Place a small amount of vegetable oil on a paper towel and allow it to absorb. Choose from the new acrylic rubber seals and apply them to oil. It is important that you use new rubber stamps for this as the finished product will burn out and you don’t want ink to leak from the stamps onto the chocolate.
2. Heat the surface of the chocolate with a hot stamping tool.
3. Place the oiled clear rubber stamp (without a stamping block) on the melted chocolate. Refrigerate the chocolate with the clear seal still in the chocolate. Complete your chocolate game with different rubber stamp images.
4. Once the chocolate has solidified, remove it from the refrigerator and carefully remove the clear acrylic seal from the surface of the chocolate.
5. Pack your unique and personalized stamped chocolates in a box. Add some colored tissue paper if you like. Make sure to clean your clear rubber stamps with soapy water as you don’t want traces of chocolate or oil to remain, especially if you plan to convert your clear stamps for use in paper crafts.
6. Make a Valentine’s Day card that matches your gift of heart.
That’s! It’s easy and it’s delicious! Rubber stamping with clear food stamps is a completely unique way to say Happy Valentine’s Day!
OTHER IDEAS FOR DELICIOUS PRINTED GIFTS
o Stamp a favorite picture on a plain sugar cookie before baking.
o Stamp a flower in fondant, cut it out, and decorate cakes or other treats with it.
o Write a special message on a chocolate bar with this technique for an unexpected surprise.
Use your imagination in the kitchen, stamp anything that can contain a picture. Remember, if it doesn’t work, you may have to eat it! No matter how awesome it is, enjoy fabulous gum-patterned treats this Valentine’s Day!