In every human being there is a source of divine energy called kundalini that mainly remains dormant in the individual, but when kundalini energy arises and awakens, the seeker progresses rapidly in the field of spirituality.
There are many similarities between the human body of the microcosm and the entire universe of the macrocosm. All the elements, all the things present in the universe are also present in the physical body. The planets and celestial bodies exert astrological vibrations on our physical body that further influence our personality and spirituality. In layman’s language, we can say that on a subconscious level, the solar system is our largest body and the human body acts like a miniature solar system.
According to Indian astrology, the essence of the soul is influenced by the location and power of the Sun in the horoscope. The moon affects the mind, Mars affects the blood, Mercury affects speech and intellect, Jupiter denotes knowledge, Venus links with the seminal fluid, and Saturn is the agent of mysterious experiences in life.
The kundalini seat is the point where Capricorn and Aquarius meet at the root chakra where, like the sign Leo and Cancer, they intersect at the third eye or Ajna chakra. The kundalini psychic passage is denoted by the nodal axis with the north pole as the root chakra and the south pole as the Ajna chakra.
Astrological factors that influence a kundalini yogi:
Kundalini Shakti Axis:The Rahu / Ketu nodes indicate the serpentine kundalini power axis. Rahu represents the ego and the physical body, its desires and gratification and is placed at the North Pole or at the Root chakra. Ketu, on the other hand, represents renunciation, liberation, and maximum freedom from material matters resented by the South Pole Crown chakra. When Rahu manages to divert his purpose from material gratification and raises his level to the spirituality of Ketu, the emergence of the power of kundalini begins. In this mystical journey, Rahu of the root chakra unites with the Ketu chakra in the Crown for enlightenment.
Mooladhar or root chakra: Saturn, the earth element, gives physical shape to our body; the equivalent endocrine glands are the sex and the gonads.
Swadisthana or naval chakra: Jupiter, water element, rules feelings and sexuality
Hara or Manipur Chakra:Mars, fire element, willpower, governs power and action.
Anahata or heart chakra:Venus, air element, thymus gland, indicates universal love.
Visudhi or throat chakra:ether as an element, mercury, thyroid and parathyroid, governs a person’s consciousness.
Ajna or third eye chakra:no element, Sun / Moon, pituitary gland, indicates self-realization.
Sahastrara or crown chakra: penal gland, the seeker is eternally established in the unity of God.
Eighth house: indicates mystical and secret techniques of spiritual advancement.
Scorpio / Cancer / Pisces: they are signs of water represents moksha.
House 4/8/12:they are houses of salvation.
Planetary Conditions in the Horoscope responsible for Kundalini Awakening: –
- Jupiter positioned in the eighth house or related to the eighth house or more planets placed in the eighth house indicates a breakthrough in kundalini yoga.
- Venus and the lord of the 10th house are related by square / conjunction / trine / opposition / aspect / association / Parivartan
- Venus related to Jupiter / Saturn
- The Sun and Jupiter are influenced by the Moon / Rahu
- Rahu falling into fire signs [Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius] indicates rapid advancement towards mystical powers and the attainment of powerful siddhis.
- Saturn’s location in the 10th house from the Ascendant or the Moon indicates rapid spiritual progress.
- Saturn related to the Sun indicates a sudden increase in the spiritual field that sometimes demands sacrifice at some stage of life.
- Jupiter and Saturn trine / quadrant to each other indicates
- The lords of the ninth and tenth houses are related in some way that indicates spiritual advancement.
- The Atma Karaka [planet in the highest degree in the horoscope] will fall into moksha or houses of salvation [4th, 8th, and 12th] and hover signs [Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces] indicate increased spiritual awareness.
- Atma Karaka falling into watery signs on the Navamansa chart indicates final libration, because a water sign represents dissolution or fusion with infinity.
- The placement of Jupiter and Ketu or the Moon and Ketu in the 12th house indicates the attainment of a much higher spiritual plane after death.
- In a horoscope, if the number of applicable conditions is more than one, the awakening of kundalini becomes easier and faster.
Case study of a great kundalini yogi Raman Maharishi:
Shri Raman Maharishi [December 30, 1879–April 14, 1950] Born into a Tamil Brahmin family in Tamil Nadu, he was a spiritual master and well-versed kundalini yogi.
The basic details of Raman maharishi’s horoscope are:
Ascending -Libra – null
2nd house-Scorpio-Mercury and Venus
3rd house-Sagittarius-Sun and Rahu
Ninth house-Gemini-Moon and Ketu
Astro analyzing Raman Maharishi’s horoscope:
- Saturn located in the 10th place on the Moon indicates sanyasi yoga.
- The sun and Saturn are quadrants to each other, indicating spirituality.
- From the ascendant of the Moon, the ninth lord Saturn and the tenth lord Jupiter are doing mahayoga by exchanging places.
- Rahu falling into the fire sign of Sagittarius indicates a breakthrough in kundalini yoga.
- The sun is influenced by Rahu and the moon denotes a mystical vision.
- Raman took the sanyas at the age of 17 in the Mahadasa of Saturn and the sub-period of Mars.